Founded in 2015, our Ambassador Leadership Program supports local community leaders, volunteers, and change-makers in their personal pursuits to help people with Parkinson’s live well today. From speaking with individuals and families to presenting at conferences, sharing resources through exhibit tables, and participating in meaningful advocacy work, our Ambassadors are active and passionate volunteers changing how people live with Parkinson’s.
Meet Our Ambassadors
We currently have more than 70 Ambassadors spread across 35 states and Canada. Click below to visit the Davis Phinney Foundation website to search all Ambassadors.
What Our Ambassadors Do
Being an Ambassador is more than bringing brand awareness to their community and connecting to a specific number of people each year. Davis Phinney Foundation Ambassadors play a key role in creating Healthy Parkinson’s Communities by acting as advocates, mentors, health navigators, educators, facilitators, and much more.
We recognize the breadth and depth of experience, skills, and knowledge each individual brings to our Foundation. Because of this, we have built a structure to support this aspect of living well at an individual level while allowing for flexibility to capitalize on these unique strengths and community needs. Here are just a few ways our Ambassadors serve their communities. They…
- Present about the Davis Phinney Foundation and our philosophy of living well with Parkinson’s at local support group meetings and attend events on behalf of the Foundation
- Meet with families who are newly diagnosed and build relationships with instructors of Parkinson’s-specific classes
- Assist the Davis Phinney Foundation in developing educational information focused on certain aspects of living well with Parkinson’s
- Work with various healthcare and helping professionals on providing resources and connecting with individuals
- Work with local governments to raise awareness for important Parkinson’s policy and support
- And much more!
Are you interested in joining the Healthy Parkinson’s Communities Initiative as an Ambassador or a Network Community? Submit your interest using the form below! After sharing your information with us, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to complete your application.
More About Our Application Process
In our years working with community leaders, educators, advocates, mentors, and more, we have learned that most people come to us knowing one thing for sure: They want to create change to help people live well with Parkinson’s.
We have developed our current application process which includes a simple form (linked below) as well as what we call our “Community Superpowers Quiz” to help us learn more about the wealth of passion and innate strengths you bring to this work. By sharing more about yourself, you will give our team helpful insights to help match you with the opportunities that most closely align with your goals.