The team behind our Healthy Parkinson’s Communities™ initiative is a small but mighty group dedicated to creating connections, investing in community leaders, and helping people live well with Parkinson’s no matter where they are. And they are here to help you create positive change in your community.
Meet the team below and check out what we’ve been reading, watching, and listening to recently as we continue to learn more about growing as leaders, addressing health inequities, and creating long-lasting impact and systems change.
Meet the Team
Jenna Deidel, Director of Programs and Outreach
Jenna oversees this team and helps to lead the overall strategy and implementation of the initiative. You can read more about her here.
- Medicaid Leadership Exchange Podcast. Medicaid directors and executive team members discuss issues they face across their diverse communities. Topics include data collection, rural community issues, and much more
- Network Weaver Website and Newsletter. Network Weaving is a way of thinking about and approaching the creation, engagement, and sustainability of organizing individuals, groups, and communities into effective ecosystems for change
Gabby Dimotsantos, Community Engagement Manager
Gabby spearheads our Healthy Parkinson’s Communities network and works closely with our Community Action Committee leaders and NEAT, our National Engagement Advisory Committee. You can read more about her here.
If you want to know more about what Gabby is reading, look no further than our resource roundups, which she curates every month.
Kayla Ferguson, Community Grants Program Manager
Kayla heads up our new community grants program and supports our research grant program. She works closely with grant applicants and recipients and is available to connect with anyone interested in learning more about receiving funding. You can learn more about her here.
- Centered Self Series from SSIR. This content series explores the connection between inner well-being and effective social change
- Equity Screen for Content Creators. This simple yet comprehensive tool can be used as a filter for your own content to ensure it is equitable and accessible
Everett Graves-Swinney, Ambassador Program Associate
- Senior Planet Digital. SeniorPlanet.org is the first digital community for older adults that combines the experience of a trusted nonprofit with a commitment to informative and compelling content that addresses the real-life needs of seniors
- Aging Connected. Aging Connected is a national, cross-sector campaign to bridge the digital divide and help older adults access essential public health information, social services, online community, and more through affordable and accessible internet
Sara Linn, Ambassador Program Manager
- Lessons from Livability Leaders. Using videos, webinars, panel discussions and more, livability experts share their expertise with AARP, local leaders, and anyone who wants to learn how a community can be more livable for people of all ages
- Five Ways to Protect Your Emotional Health Post-COVID. From the Greater Good Science Center, this article contains tips on how to focus on how you want your life to look now
More about Healthy Parkinson’s Communities
Nothing happens without the power of the collective, and community leaders are at the center of organizing, mobilizing, and creating positive change for the Parkinson’s community. Through our new Healthy Parkinson’s Communities initiative, we aim to support and connect community leaders to help them go farther than they could alone. Click here to learn more.