Where we live and serve
The Chattanooga Region Community Action Committee (CAC) encompasses the Chattanooga Region, which includes rural surrounding areas beyond Chattanooga and across three states, including Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.
About our CAC
We have ten members, including two fitness instructors (YMCA & Rock Steady Boxing), two academic professionals (Dir. Music Therapy & Physical Therapy Professor), and medical clinicians or nurse practitioners (including neuropsychology, speech language pathology, and clinical management). We would like to expand our CAC to more people with Parkinson’s and care partners.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- Physical space (for gatherings, meetings, programming, etc.)
- Availability or access across this ample multi-state space
- Communication around existing programming and resources for newly diagnosed individuals throughout the community
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Leverage existing resources and programming while cultivating mutually beneficial and sustainable community partnerships
- Integrate a holistic approach to healthcare to improve the community’s quality of life
- Connect with leaders engaging in similar work, gain support from staff, and identify financial grants or sponsorships