Where we live and serve
The Indiana Parkinson’s Action Coalition Community Action Committee (CAC) serves the greater Indianapolis, Indiana which consists of an 8-country region.
About our CAC
Currently, our CAC has more than 25 members that include health providers, physical therapists and a nurse from the IU Health Neuroscience Center, and speech therapists. We would like future members to represent other Parkinson’s organizations and affinities, including Rock Steady Boxing, the Indiana Parkinson’s Foundation and the Parkinson’s Awareness Association of Indiana, the veteran community, women with Parkinson’s.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- Awareness of existing Parkinson’s resources and services
- Limited Movement Disorder Specialists and healthcare providers for Parkinson’s
- Limited services and programming for Parkinson’s
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Increase awareness of Parkinson’s resources and services
- Create connections for those with Parkinson’s to local resources
- Increase collaboration among major Parkinson’s key stakeholders in Indianapolis