Where we live and serve
The Kearney community action committee (CAC) is in central Nebraska. It is both rural and urban communities. We have two hospitals here, a level two trauma center and the University of Nebraska.
About our CAC
We have 8 members that includes: two registered nurses (one is a certified anesthesiologist), registered dietitian who is a licensed medical nutritionist, person with Parkinson’s, certified dementia practitioner, occupational, physical and speech therapy, and licensed psychologist. In the future, we would like a parish nurse or clergy member, someone from the city council, as well as neurophysicians.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- Parkinson’s referral base or communicate about services
- Limited resources and programs for individuals with Parkinson’s
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Establish a referral base from medical doctors to all the other supporting programs that are trying to offer holistic care to people living with Parkinson’s
- Improve networking and seek stewardship opportunities
- Increase Parkinson’s resources and programs