Where we live and serve
Our community is in Panama Beach County, Florida and includes Broward, Martin, and parts of Miami county.
About our CAC
Currently, we have a group of more than 25 members, including persons with Parkinson’s, care partners, movement disorder specialists, faculty, and local support groups. We would like additional members from existing and relevant organizations, groups, and services to collectively improve the community for Parkinson’s.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- A centralized hub or organization for resources and support services
- Lack of collaboration between entities that serve those with Parkinson’s and other groups focused on the aging population and neurodegenerative illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and similar services within the overlapping community area
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Reestablish Parkinson’s services and increase available programming
- Increase collaboration and cohesion among services and programming to improve access to services
- Increase diversity and accessibility of resources for marginalized identities within the community