Where we live and serve
The “Triangle Area” (Raleigh, North Carolina) Community Action Committee (CAC) serves the greater Raleigh, NC area plus surrounding areas in Southwest Wake County – Holly Springs, Cary, and Apex.
About our CAC
Currently, we have a core of four members who represent persons with Parkinson’s as well as those supporting persons with Parkinson’s such as medical professionals, educators, physical therapists, and advocates. We would like to develop membership in partnership with local universities and research entities in the area, with the acknowledgment that the Biotechnological Industry is up and coming in the region.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- Larger-scale connection and coordination between existing Parkinson’s resources, Parkinson’s-informed healthcare providers, hospital systems, and services
- General awareness of existing resources for persons with Parkinson’s
- Collaboration and structure for coordination at the local level
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Leverage existing programs, services, and resources and information
- Increase awareness of existing programming and services
- Increase general awareness of Parkinson’s