Where we live and serve
Our community action committee (CAC) serves the greater Tucson, Arizona area.
About our CAC
Currently, we have five members and counting with representation across Tucson community members, a Physical Therapist, persons with Parkinson’s, and a retiring military member. We would like more representation from medical professionals, especially those with neurology and movement disorder specialization, as well as community health workers.
Currently, our community experiences a lack of…
- Awareness of Parkinson’s and existing support
- Connection to immediate resources and existing programming
- Connection to the Hispanic community to promote programming
- Funding opportunities (such as grants, etc.)
Our Healthy Parkinson’s Community Vision
- Increase awareness of Parkinson’s and resources in local community
- Increased connections between persons with Parkinson’s and organizations related to Parkinson’s to leverage resources
- Highlight ping pong as a collaborative sport to connect persons with Parkinson’s and resources